Bail Hearing Lawyers Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Helping You Get Released on Bail in the GTA
Types of bail release in the GTA
- Appearance notice or promise to appear
While arrested individuals have a constitutional right to a bail hearing within 24 hours of arrest, the accused may need additional time to prepare for a bail hearing, according to The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
What factors are considered in a bail hearing?
- Whether you pose a danger to the public
- The seriousness of the offence
- Your previous criminal record or pending charges
- Whether you have ever missed court hearings or trial dates in the past
- Whether you have a job, business, or family
What are the common bail conditions?
If some bail conditions seem unfair, your bail hearing lawyer can help you negotiate them. It’s important to seek legal counsel from a criminal lawyer to help you get a reasonable bail. Contact our GTA bail hearing lawyers at Lawyers From The Six to fight for your pre-trial freedom. We may be able to negotiate a bail release without a hearing. Call 647-830-3083 to discuss your unique case.